As global markets continue to experience varied levels of disruption due to COVID-19, we understand that some of our customers may be concerned with potential effects to local industry and their projects.
While it is now common place for projects and orders to be impacted by raw material shortages such as semi-conductors, supply constraints coming into Australia and freight delays, we want to assure you that over the last 12 months, APS Industrial have been preparing accordingly to mitigate the negative effects as much as possible.
Throughout this global pandemic APS Industrial have been proactive in our approach through consistent stock replenishment and early engagement of customers regarding their specific project needs.
What we know:
- Delay in delivery from Manufacturing Partners
We believe 8 to 12 weeks is a general lead time.
- Increase in freight cost
Most Freight companies have implemented rises of up to 50%
- Increased quarantine measure on Australia Borders that could further delay shipments
What we have done and will continue to do:
- Increased our stock levels where possible and continue to monitor on a weekly basis
- Working with our teams across all states keeping in mind any impacts to business both at state and federal level
- Engaged our freight companies for more real time updates on delayed deliveries and where possible notification to customers
- Collaborating with our suppliers to ensure continuity of supply
How you can help:
- Plan and talk to us. We recommend contacting your local Sales Representative or alternatively calling our National Customer Service Team on 1300 309 303 to discuss your project requirements or any other supply concern you may have
- If you would like to secure stock, then we would suggest that you do so by placing forward orders
- Share forecast or projected demand for projects you may be getting in the next 6 months
- Communicate and manage expectations with your end customers to minimise risk to your supply chain
Our priority during this time is to continue to provide a reliable and consistent level of local customer service, while complying with all government and health organisation advice, so that our customers can do the same with their businesses and operations.
If you would like to discuss your orders or project requirements further, please contact your local APS Industrial Sales Representative or call 1300 309 303.